Friday, November 5, 2010

Modern Day Slavery? No such thing

I don't think it's right to compare anything to slavery.  We can say that people are manipulated, and exploited, but we can't compare any of these instances to the actual slave era a couple of hundreds of years ago.  A case where I think groups of people are forced to do something is going to school.  Students are forced into doing things they aren't interested in, and many things they won't ever even think about in their future lives.  Teachers and school officials can say we are rewarding kids with an education, but like I said most of the stuff we learn ends up being useless knowledge.  Don't get me wrong though.  I like school, and I'm sure most kids do like school, but if we had the opprotunity to have a say in what we are tought it would be more enjoyable for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. See, now you went kinda of topic, hunn. You started talking about your views of school. I see how it pertains to ur definition of modern slavery. I disagree, because it IS beneficial for us to go to school, we get an education and it the long run it helps us, "It's for your own good" as most parents say :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you Eddy. School is useless if you don't use the things you learn later in life. Like you said if we choose what we learn, we would enjoy school more and it wouldn't seem so tedious.

    ReplyDelete