Thursday, September 9, 2010

Introductions

     My name is Eddie.  I am 15 years old and I go to Whitney Young High School.  At school I play soccer, and I played basketball last year.  I was named after  my great grandfather Edmund Horton who was a gold and bronze medalist in the 1942 Winter Olympics, so athletics run in my family.  He was a gold medalist in Ice Hurdles which he still holds the record for since it was later banned, and he won a bronze medal steering the USA'S  4 man bobsled.
     Music is a big interest too.  I used to be the drummer in a Jazz Band ran through my old school for 3 years, but I don't anymore.  Some of My favorite bands and artists are Arctic Monkeys, The Fratellis, Muse, The Strokes, Nas, Mos Def, A Tribe Called Quest and Kanye West.
     I also like to swim.  My family has a house near Saddle Lake in Michigan, and I have been going up there every summer of my life.  I have water skied and wakeboarded for most of my life.
     Most of my family is of Irish descent.  My mom works in the floral business, and my dad is a sound mixer in movies and commercials.  I have been able to meet some of my favorite actors and artists at my dads job like Kanye West, Common on the video shoot of The Corner, and Will Ferrell on the set of Stranger than fiction.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Mr. Edmond you have quite a lot of things I didn't know about you. It's pretty cool that your great grandfather has a record in Ice Hurdling. Why was he banned? did he like freak out and hit someone :P Just kidding. Any way your intro is COOL BEANS!

    ReplyDelete