Monday, October 25, 2010

The moment I knew I was an American

The moment I considered myself American was when I was seven, and I went to Ireland.  Before that, I considered myself Irish American, but I realized that I wasn't Irish American, but I was American with an Irish background.  When I was there people called my family Americans, and considered us full blooded ameriicans.  It wasn't like they told us we weren't Irish, but I realized that I wasn't.  To call myself Irish I would have to be born and raised there, and I realized, and finally considered myself to be american with an Irish backgroung.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had fun! It sounds cool to go to Ireland and you learned something about yourself isn't that great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. true, american customs are so different that if you live here, you are american

    ReplyDelete